Contact Form

Guest Book

Christoph Lingg


I booked my stay at hotel Gallery in Perm through Ost-West and can only recommend Ost-West as well as the hotel, which is clean, nice and charming!

Jussi Itkonen


We booked excursion to Tsarskoje Selo for 6 people via Ostwest's website. Confirmation came the next day and guide Svetlana met us in hour hotel. She knew everything and we spent information packed 5 hours learning so much about past and also present in St. Petersburg.

Max Ockum


Ich habe meine Transfers vom Flughafen zum Hafen in St.Petersburg und vom Hafen zum Airport in Moskau über Natalia Zolotareva gebucht. Der Kontakt war hervorragend. Die Transfers wurden pünktlich und zu voller Zufriedenheit durchgeführt. Vielen Dank an Natalia und Ihre Fahrer.

All RecordsAdd Record

Troubleshootingprint version

Your Migration Card is Missing

If you find your migration card missing, first of all DO NOT PANIC! You will have to go to your local OVIR and promptly confess. Better yet you might want to let your host know about it. They just might have enough time of their life left to straighten it out.

If you loose your migration card before you are actually registered with OVIR your registration will be difficult, putting it very mildly. Read more in the next section

The moral: whatever you do, do not loose your migration card. However, if you find it missing, do contact us immediately!

You Have No Registration

Literally you can not loose your registration. Once registered, unless you move about and change towns, you should be covered up to the day of your departure.

The idea is to get registered on the first place and this is as much your responsibility as is the responsibility of your host.

Computer at the port of entry (passport control) will read your passport and show the officer in charge whether you have been registered or not. Remember, skipping registration is an offence. Possible outcomes include fines on departure, problems on boarding the plane, detention by the police and ultimately a deportation from Russia. Once deported, you will not be able to visit Russia for at least five years.

Your host will also get fined and will not be happy about it, as fines are heavy (say a lot more than your registration fees).

The moral: Do come to our office ASAP for registration. The general rule is you do so right on arrival or the morning after.

Your Visa Has Expired

Please, do not overstay your welcome! If you miss the final day of your visa period, leaving the country might become a very unpleasant business indeed.

Please remember, unless you possess a working visa any extension of your current visa is impossibility.

If for any reason (missed train, broken leg, heart attack) you have stayed past your final date, come to us at once and we shall see what can be done. Generally it will cost you money and take time (up to 10 days). In the end if you are lucky you will be issued with additional “exit” visa.

The moral: You are better off having your visa for a longer term than extending your visa after expiry date.

Your Documents Gone Missing

If you discover that your passport and visa gone and once you have recovered from initial shock, please follow the action plan below:

  • Go to the police station of the area where the passport was lost and get them to issue you with the paper called “spravka”. The paper will confirm that your documents were indeed lost. (We don’t recommend reporting them as a “stolen” item, as it will initiate the procedure called “opening of the case” which in turn, once opened, has to be closed. It takes ages and does not bring you any benefits whatsoever).
  • Contact your embassy or consulate and let them know about what happened. This should initiate the process of issuing you with the new passport.
  • You will need 5 passport size photographs of yourself. This best done in any of the small shops that do photographs.
  • Make sure you still got your return plane-ticket. If you don’t, book a new flight and get the confirmation of booking.
  • Go to your embassy and collect your new passport
  • If you have a copy of your lost visa it is very helpful.
  • Take all the documents and papers listed above (the “spravka” from the police, your plane ticket, photos, your new passport, copy of your lost visa) and take it to our office.

  If you have any questions regarding any of the above please, contact us.